Do you belong to the majority of Pinoy breadwinners who are largely affected by the enhanced community quarantine because of the COVID-19 pandemic? The Department of Labor and Employment has committed to provide 5k DOLE financial assistance for affected workers because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Signed on March 17, 2020, the DOLE Department Order 209-20, Guidelines on the Adjustment Measures Program for Affected Workers due to the Coronavirus Disease 2019, also known as COVID-19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP) is a safety net program that offers financial support to affected workers in private establishments that have adopted Flexible Working Arrangements or temporary closure during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this article, we have compiled important points to remember so you can ensure that you are covered by the financial assistance.
Who are eligible for the DOLE financial assistance?
- Affected private establishments are those businesses that have implemented flexible working arrangements or temporary closure, in view of the DOLE Labor Advisory No. 9, series of 2020.
- Flexible working arrangements include reduced workdays, reduced work hours, forced leave, etc.
- This covers all affected workers regardless of employment status like permanent, contractual or probationary.
- The program is nationwide, not only for Luzon-based employees.
- To emphasize, the DOLE CAMP is for the formal sector, salaried workers only.
- Employees who are suffered reduced pay because of stoppage of work are eligible, including contractual construction workers and the likes.
- However, employees who are under maternity leave are not covered.
- Work from home employees are covered as long as they suffer reduced pay because of the enhanced community quarantine.
- High-rank company officers and executives are not included.
- Affected workers in the informal sector are covered by the TUPAD or emergency employment program.Informal sector includes drivers, ambulant vendors, self-employed workers, fishermen, farmers, etc.
How much is the DOLE financial assistance?
- A one-time DOLE Financial Assistance amounting to Php 5,000 shall be provided to affected workers in lump sum, non-conditional, regardless of the employment status.
- DOLE also offers Employment Facilitation that provides affected workers an access to available job opportunities. Job opportunities shall be based on what is suitable to their qualifications.
- Job matching, referral and placement services, either for local or overseas employment, employment coaching, and labor market information shall also be implemented by DOLE.
- The 5K financial assistance shall not be deducted by the employer from the employee’s salary. This is a pure cash benefit given by the Philippine government.
How to avail the DOLE financial assistance?
- To avail of the 5k financial assistance, employers of affected workers must submit the completed DOLE Establishment Report on the COVID-19 Form and Company Payroll for the month of February (or earlier).
- The establishment report must be submitted in a Word file format.
- The list of affected workers must be submitted in an Excel file format.
- The company payroll must be duly certified by the company’s authorized officer.
- In accordance with the strict enhanced community quarantine procedures, all submissions for the financial assistance shall be submitted through email.
- For immediate processing and remittance of the 5k financial assistance, DOLE may also request a copy of payroll account numbers of affected workers and company payroll’s bank name / branch.
- For cash payroll, the financial assistance will be remitted to the affected worker via remittance centers.
Where to submit applications?
For the complete directory for the online submission of applications, refer to DOLE’s labor advisory.
- 6 Extra Income Sidelines For Filipinos (Number 5 Will Surprise You!)
- Budgeting Hacks For Breadwinners With Low Income, Heavy Debt